To test whether the silicone meets food-grade standards
- 1. Observation marks: Check whether there are food-grade certification marks on the silicone products, such as FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) certification, LFGB (German Food Code) certification, cause some products would with that label.
- 2. Smell detection: Smell the silicone products for irritating smell. If it has a strong taste, it may contain additives or toxic substances.
- 3.Bending test: bend the silicone product to see if there will be discoloration, cracks or breaks. Food grade silicone should be heat and cold resistant and not easily damaged.
- 4.Smear test: Use a white paper towel or cotton cloth to wipe the surface of the silicone product several times. If color transfers, may contain unsafe dyes.
- 5.Burn test: Take a small piece of silicone material and ignite it. Normal food grade silicone will not produce black smoke, pungent odor or residue. Please note that these methods can only be used as a preliminary judgment.